Are you moving to Hackney for university or studies? Are you looking for either a student removal firm, student storage or both? Moving to Hackney, is never going to be a cheap move, however, if you shop around and hire the right removals services, it can cost much less than hiring a standard removal company. Furthermore if you need some things storing until after university and you have a bigger property, you will need to pay for storage fees, this can also be quite expensive, or relatively cheap depending on whether you use the best storage company for you. More often than not you can find a company who does both removals and storage so you can have everything done under one roof.
Student removal companies are designed to help university or college students move into new property that is a distance from their old home, they are able to handle a lot of luggage and have a number of different sized vans and staff members that are able to help. These aim of these companies is to help to make the move as easy as they can, they will usually supply packaging supplies such as boxes, labels, packaging and tape etc. Furthermore you can book with them an appropriate appointment time for both the collection of your things and a second appointment for the delivery of your stuff to your new house.
When you are deciding which removals company to hire, you will need to call around a few and get some quotes to compare, furthermore you will need to question the company about the services that they provide and the experience that they have, here are some ideal questions to ask your removals company:
• Is the company a member of the British Association of Removers (BAR)?
• Is any insurance is included in the price or can any insurance be offered for an additional charge? What does the insurance cover you for?
• What is the removal companies standard process?
• Will any of your things need to be stored overnight? If they are, how are they secured?
Storage facilities for students are growing increasingly popular recently, and some companies offer storage solely for the use of students. These companies tailor their services specifically for these students, whilst also offering certain benefits for students such as cheaper storage rates starting from about £8 per week and often including things like free insurance an packaging supplies.
Student storage works in a very similar way to a standard removal company, they will take control of the things you own and store them securely in a designated area within their warehouse. This does mean that the staff working for the storage company will have access to your things and so this does bring into question how secure they are. It is however, cheaper than the average storage solutions, and some storage companies now offer the ability for students to lock away possessions with their own key which they keep with them for extra security.
When you are deciding upon a student storage or self-storage company, ensure the company is reputable and established company, and consider the following questions:
• Is the company a member of ‘The Storage Association’ or ‘The Self -Storage Association’?
• What security measures are in place?
• When can you access your storage space?
• Is the storage space the correct size for you?
• Does the storage space suit your needs?
• Are the storage units clean and well maintained, are they damp free and pest free?